The team are so friendly and it’s an enjoyable working environmentPeter
Key to our success are our Sales Assistants as they are at the face of our business, making sure we deliver an outstanding service each and every time to enhance the shopping experience for our customers.
Working in store can be challenging and so a flexible approach is essential whether you are keeping shelves fully stocked, looking after customers; explaining how they can get the best from a special offer or serving on the tills.
During the busiest times of year; Christmas, Easter and ‘Back to School’ we take on temporary people to help us make sure that our shelves are fully stocked and our customers are receiving all the help they require.
If you are flexible, willing to roll your sleeves up and motivated by hard work then you could join one of our teams when they most need it. We will ensure you receive all the training you need to be successful. If you are ambitious and want to progress, there is a strong culture of internal promotion within the company, and many of our Sales Assistants move into supervisory and management roles; even one of our Stores Director used to be a Sales Assistant!
We offer a range of shift patterns, from full-time to part-time, day time to night time – so there’s sure to be a vacancy to suit you.
We are able to employ children of 13 to 16 years of age, however this is subject to the compliance with restrictions and requirements set by the Children (Protection at Work) Act 1998 and the Health and Safety (Young Persons) Regulations 1997. For 13 or 14 year olds you can work a maximum of 12 hours in a week during term time and a maximum of 25 hours in a week during school holidays. For 15 or 16 year olds you can work a maximum of 12 hours in a week during term time and a maximum of 35 hours in a week during school holidays.
Before you apply
- In order to comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, you will need proof of your right to work in the UK. It is important to point out that without the relevant documentation we will not be able to consider you for any of our vacancies.
- You will need a National Insurance number before we are able to offer you a job. If you do not have one, before applying for any of our vacancies, telephone Jobcentre Plus on 0845 600 0643 (lines are open 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday) to arrange to get one
- You will need to give us the contact details for up to 5 years worth of continuous character, educational or employment references. Just make sure their details are up to date, so we will contact them once you have accepted a position with us.
- You will need an email address so we can keep in touch. Please note: sometimes our emails can get sent to ‘Junk’ folders so please keep your eye on this folder as well as your Inbox.
Our application process
Our application process is easy to follow, with clear instructions at every stage. It will take about 30 minutes to complete the application in one go but you can start your application now and finish it later by saving it and logging back in when you're ready to continue.
What is a typical day in store like; varied...rewarding....and busy, very busy
Rhys Sales Assistant
Once we have received your completed application, this will be reviewed against set criteria for the role. Unsuccessful candidates should receive an email to inform them that they have not been shortlisted on this occasion, however, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks please assume on this occasion that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
In addition to us receiving applications from people directly for our Sales Assistant vacancies we are supported by a recruitment services organisation called A4e. They specialise in preparing long term unemployed people for work and / or work experience.
Their training programs are designed to suit the needs of our business around the following elements;
- Recognising the importance of customer service
- Effective selling skills
- Cash handling
- Health and Safety
For more information, please visit A4e’s website on; http://www.mya4e.com/employers/working-with-large-employers/